Skip to main content

Lazy Time Reblog Sunday: The Consumerist

According to an article I read in the Consumerist, McDonald's has been trying out an all-day breakfast menu at a few select locations. This would be all of the awesome since I love me some breakfast. Also because I love their Egg White Delight McMuffin. That and their apple slices make McDonald's one of the few places I can trick myself into thinking I'm eating healthy. Chick-Fil-A is another, but they've gotten my order wrong so often, I only go to them when I'm desperate. Also, they've held me captive in their drive-thru one too many times. Twenty minutes for an egg and cheese bagel and a damn fruit cup? Really Chick-Fil-A? Really?

Know what else tastes delicious? Food. And not being late for work. Asshole.

Unfortunately, my hopes of an all-day egg white breakfast sandwich might be dead in the water before it even sets sail according to yet another article, also by the Consumerist. Turns out the rising cost of eggs due to an ongoing avian flu epidemic is causing the Golden Arches to reconsider their plans.

Thanks Consumerist. Thanks for raising my hopes with one article, only to dash them with another. This Lazy Time Reblog Sunday is dedicated to you, Consumerist, the dream dashing messenger. (Insert Tear Drop Here.)



McDonald’s All-Day Breakfast Could Go Nationwide By October

 

McMuffins, Sausage Burritos, Hash Browns and Hotcakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner? That could be the new reality at McDonald’s restaurants around the country as soon as this fall.

That is, according to a memo recently sent to franchisees and employees of the fast good giant, the Wall Street Journal reports.

As we’re well aware of by now, McDonald’s began testing a (limited) all-day breakfast menu in several markets – starting in San Diego and recently expanding to Mississippi and Tennessee – earlier this year, and it appears those trial runs are going well.

The company memo, sent from an Arizona franchisee heading the task force for all-day breakfast, notifies franchisees to be ready for the possible launch of all-day breakfast as early as October.

McDonald’s did not immediately respond to the WSJ’s request for comment on the memo or the potential nationwide launch of the all-day breakfast menu.

But before consumers’ dreams of a nationwide all-day breakfast bonanza can come true, franchisee committees must approve the move.

According to the WSJ, restaurant operators must place equipment orders by mid-August and decide whether or not they want menu boards to feature the breakfast items.

“We want to make it clear that we are not being presumptive that this will launch, but we want to make sure the system is ready to turn quickly and launch all day breakfast should all of you believe and support that direction,” the memo stated.

Votes from franchisee leadership groups are expected to be held – at least initially – on August 14.

The Golden Arches began testing a limited all-day breakfast menu – featuring McMuffins (Egg, Sausage, Sausage with Egg), the Sausage Burrito, Hash Browns, Hotcakes, Hotcakes and Sausage, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal and Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait – in March, after years of customers expressing their desire for the meals.

McDonald’s Could Offer All-Day Breakfast Nationwide in October [The Wall Street Journal]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Interview: Lauren Scharhag

Lauren Scharhag is the author of such books as Our Miss Engel , Order of the Four Sons series, La Tutayegua , Under Julia , and West Side Girl & Other Poems . She has won the Gerard Manley Hopkins award for poetry. Ms. Scharhag hails from Kansas City where she lives with her husband and three cats, but not a dog named Toto. Because that would just be silly. LAUREN: Yes, especially since I live in Missouri and not Kansas. KARMA GIRL: Before we start, I'm going to give you my usual Unusual Disclaimer: Silent tongue is filled With questions yet to be asked Interview begins Thank you for agreeing to this interview, Lauren.   LAUREN: Thanks for having me. KG: Tell us about yourself. You live in Missouri now, but according to your bio you grew up in Kansas City. What was it like growing up there and have you ever dropped a house on someone's sister? LAUREN: Actually, Kansas City is in Missouri as well as Kansas-- it's the older, original KC. I had a pre

Five Things You Didn't Know Could Happen During a Massage

Everyone likes a good massage. Well, almost everyone. There are some that cringe at the very idea of being naked in a room while a total stranger rubs them down. These people are either crazy or have never had a massage before and don't know what they're missing. There are also the ones that like massage a little too much and should feel free to do to themselves what they erroneously believe they are paying me to do to them. Also, read item number 3 of this blog article I wrote in November of 2012 and follow the instructions therein. But for those of you who are just looking for a nice, perfectly innocent, legal, and in no way rage inducing way to relax, massage is the way to go. That said, there are a few things you should be prepared for before getting that first massage. Things such as... 1. I CAN MAKE YOU FART LIKE A GODDAMN MACHINE GUN I once had a client come in for a deep tissue massage who must have eaten a very big, extremely gassy meal right before climbing ont

"Meet Our Therapist"...Doomtown Style!

My boss has been getting on me to make a bio for  Balance Spa's Facebook page for ages, and I've only just consented to do it. I had been putting it off mostly because doing so would require me to have a picture taken of myself. Having a picture taken of myself would require me to wear makeup. I could go without, but doing so would cause one of the seven seals to be opened therefore heralding the coming apocalypse. I hear a river in China recently turned to blood . I'm not saying I had anything to do with it, but I wouldn't make any long term plans if I were you. For it has been foretold! The bio was written by one of our lovely and talented receptionists, Rayme. For those of you wondering why I hadn't written the thing myself, read a few of my posts. You might notice a pattern. I can't seem to write anything serious without becoming sarcastic or goofy. That's just the way I roll. But I couldn't help tweaking Rayme's version just a bit to fit