Skip to main content

Feature Interview: My Imaginary Friend

I should be so lucky.
Yes, things got away from me again this week, but I did manage to snag an interview from my imaginary friend, who is quite cleverly named, Imaginary Friend. I usually only see him after my second drink, and I don't really talk to him much anymore since I started the one drink a month rule, but he was willing to sit down long enough for me to ask a few questions. Mostly because he needs the imaginary cash. Enjoy!



IMAGINARY FRIEND: THE USUAL UNUSUAL DISCLAIMER: I, Karma Girl’s Imaginary Friend, being of sound mind but no “body” because I’m a creature of imagination—and possibly, delusion—do solemnly swear to tell the banana, the whole banana, and nothing by the bana—Wait…who the hell wrote this bullshit disclaimer?



KARMA GIRL: How long have you been in the imaginary friend business?



IF: How long have you been drinking Schnapps?



KG: Am I your first “friend” or have there been others?



IF: You aren’t the first loser to dream me up, and you sure as hell won’t be the last. I’m an independent contractor, so I make my own schedule, which is good. Gives me lots of free time to trash talk you in front of all the other imaginary friends. Too bad I mostly end up with writers and artists. Jesus! You will never meet a whinier bunch of jerks than people who string words together or paint pretty pictures. Musicians are just as bad, if not more so. And they always get me confused with those good-for-nothing muses! “Oh please inspire me, Jack Daniels!” “Give me some freakin’ ideas so I can make rent this month, Mary Jane!” (Eye Roll)

KG: Who's your dream client?

IF: Kids. They're easier. All they want is someone to blame for their screw ups. The parents never believe the little turds, and other than the occasional game of "Oh God, Why don't I have Real Friends To Play Monopoly With?", they leave you in peace. Give me a snot nosed hell spawn any day of the week.



KG: So, what is the difference between an imaginary friend and a muse?



IF: Muses are supposed to “inspire” you. Imaginary friends are there for moral support when muses inevitably let you down.



KG: What’s up with all the muse hate?



IF: Assholes get the credit for all the good ideas when they do jack squat to deserve it. All they really do is look pretty and steal ideas.



KG: Did you always want to be an imaginary friend?



IF: Nah. When I was young, I had dreams. Dreams of being an operatic mezzo-soprano…



KG: Really?



IF: No, you moron! I’m a fucking creature of whimsical fantasy! I only exist in your imagination. How can I have dreams of my own? Dumb-ass.



KG: This is the part of the interviewing process I like to call, THE SERIOUS THREE.



IF: Ah shit! This thing. (Sigh)



KG: It includes a series of three indelibly significant, unbelievably serious questions. You are obligated to answer them as seriously as possible. Are you ready, Friend?



IF: Whatever.



QUESTION #1: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?



IF: …You’re brain damaged, aren’t you? It's the only explanation. Crap! I hope I'm not a delusion brought on by oxygen deprivation. I hear those guys have terrible job security.



QUESTION #2: If Bobby has eight pencils, and Sally has two erasers, how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?



IF: Ask your muse, bitch.



QUESTION #3: Where can my readers follow you (Facebook, Twitter, home address, etc.)?



IF: I’m a fucking imaginary friend! I. Do. Not. Exist. You kind of have to exist to have a Facebook or Twitter account. Hey, I got an idea! Why don’t you go look up Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy and ask them these stupid questions. Let me know how that works out for you.



KG:









IF: …Well, shit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things You Didn't Know Could Happen During a Massage

Everyone likes a good massage. Well, almost everyone. There are some that cringe at the very idea of being naked in a room while a total stranger rubs them down. These people are either crazy or have never had a massage before and don't know what they're missing. There are also the ones that like massage a little too much and should feel free to do to themselves what they erroneously believe they are paying me to do to them. Also, read item number 3 of this blog article I wrote in November of 2012 and follow the instructions therein. But for those of you who are just looking for a nice, perfectly innocent, legal, and in no way rage inducing way to relax, massage is the way to go. That said, there are a few things you should be prepared for before getting that first massage. Things such as... 1. I CAN MAKE YOU FART LIKE A GODDAMN MACHINE GUN I once had a client come in for a deep tissue massage who must have eaten a very big, extremely gassy meal right before climbing ont

Feature Interview: Lauren Scharhag

Lauren Scharhag is the author of such books as Our Miss Engel , Order of the Four Sons series, La Tutayegua , Under Julia , and West Side Girl & Other Poems . She has won the Gerard Manley Hopkins award for poetry. Ms. Scharhag hails from Kansas City where she lives with her husband and three cats, but not a dog named Toto. Because that would just be silly. LAUREN: Yes, especially since I live in Missouri and not Kansas. KARMA GIRL: Before we start, I'm going to give you my usual Unusual Disclaimer: Silent tongue is filled With questions yet to be asked Interview begins Thank you for agreeing to this interview, Lauren.   LAUREN: Thanks for having me. KG: Tell us about yourself. You live in Missouri now, but according to your bio you grew up in Kansas City. What was it like growing up there and have you ever dropped a house on someone's sister? LAUREN: Actually, Kansas City is in Missouri as well as Kansas-- it's the older, original KC. I had a pre

"Meet Our Therapist"...Doomtown Style!

My boss has been getting on me to make a bio for  Balance Spa's Facebook page for ages, and I've only just consented to do it. I had been putting it off mostly because doing so would require me to have a picture taken of myself. Having a picture taken of myself would require me to wear makeup. I could go without, but doing so would cause one of the seven seals to be opened therefore heralding the coming apocalypse. I hear a river in China recently turned to blood . I'm not saying I had anything to do with it, but I wouldn't make any long term plans if I were you. For it has been foretold! The bio was written by one of our lovely and talented receptionists, Rayme. For those of you wondering why I hadn't written the thing myself, read a few of my posts. You might notice a pattern. I can't seem to write anything serious without becoming sarcastic or goofy. That's just the way I roll. But I couldn't help tweaking Rayme's version just a bit to fit